Wednesday 19 October 2011

RSC Open Stages Project

Our sincerest thanks to the RSC for sending someone from their ranks to watch our Lear matinee today.

Our sincerest thanks to the schools who attended our matinee and behaved so impeccably throughout; you were a credit to your peers.

When I was 16 and attending my Boy's Grammar School we were taken to the Hazlitt Theatre in Maidstone to see Macbeth. We rendered such an unholy cacophony of shuffling, rustling, sniggering, farting, belching. moaning, hormoning and general chatter that eventually the lead on stage turned on his audience and screamed "Will you shut the f*&$ up!". I don't think an adult had actually said f*&$ to me before that point in my life! Thesps, no bloody rules!

Genuine thanks to our audience today, you were great. xx

Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment