Saturday 8 October 2011

The end of the beginning

Sirrahs!

Rehearsing today at the Trinity Theatre, Tunbridge Wells, on the blooming stage and the Masonic Hall tomorrow.

The rehearsal regime has broadly divided into three eras; we had our text and movement workshops (1) followed by our staging rehearsals (2) [an era which nears its end with the work at the Trinity today and Masonic Hall tomorrow] - the final era will be an energy sapping slog of run after run after run of selected Acts and of course the full play as we move into the home straight toward October 18th and curtain up. As a cast member I have a certain bias but I'd venture to say this will be a theatre experience par excellence for those who are wise enough to part with their hard earned cash, there will come a day when grandchildren will ask "Nan, where were you when the Trinity Theatre Group done that King Lear" - you can bark "Know you no reverance! ..... ya little sod .... I was in row F, I think some of the King's spit landed on my cheek....".

Apropos of nothing here's a link to a Guardian article looking at a selection of actors who've played Lear. Interesting for me that Sir Ian Mckellen played Kent to Brian Cox's Lear before himself going on to play the lead. I was going to upload the pictures direct to the blog but then got the yips fearing the photo police might descend from the sky and gouge out my eyes for copyright infringment. THUS

Thanks to the Guardian Newspaper for its sterling work with the article, its compilation has nothing to do with me or this website and I claim no credit for its brilliance, in fact the Guardian Newspaper should be applauded for its lone role in compiling the..... (yawn, geddonwithit.... Ed)


fare thee well, friends
Kent (Earl of)

No comments:

Post a Comment